Monday 1 September 2014

Photo of the month - September 2014

The Kossowski ceramic depicting the martyrdom of Saint Jude

Within the outer shrine there are the three ceramic plaques in the Outer Shrine area including one of the martyrdom of St. Jude. St. Jude is traditionally depicted with a club in his hand. This stems from the tradition that he was clubbed to death for his fidelity to Christ. The ceramic depicts this moment of human brutality - perhaps this is a moment for prayer for those in the modern world who suffer the same fate for their beliefs? 

Why not say the the following prayer to Saint Jude?

Glorious apostle, martyr and relative of Jesus, Saint Jude Thaddeus, who spread the Good News among distant nations; who won to the obedience of Jesus Christ many peoples by the power of his Holy Word; grant, I beseech you, from this day, that I may renounce every sinful habit, that I may be preserved from all evil thoughts, that I may love my neighbour as myself, that I may always obtain your assistance, particularly in every danger and difficulty, and that I may safely reach the heavenly country, with you, to adore the most Holy Trinity, the Father, Son and Holy Spirit forever and ever. Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment