Sunday 4 June 2017

Prayer for Peace


Our hearts go out to the victims of last night's terrorist attack in London; may the deceased rest in peace. We commit ourselves anew to praying for peace and to building bridges of understanding in our society.

A prayer for peace by Pope St John Paul II:
Hear my voice, for it is the voice of the victims of all wars and violence among individuals and nations.
Hear my voice, for it is the voice of all children who suffer and will suffer when people put their faith in weapons and war.
Hear my voice when I beg You to install into the hearts of all human beings the wisdom of peace, the strength of justice, and the joy of fellowship.
Hear my voice, for I speak for the multitudes in every country and in every period of history who do not want war and are ready to walk the road of peace.
Hear my voice and grant insight and strength so that we may always respond to hatred with love, to injustice with total dedication to justice, to need with the sharing of self, to war with peace.
O God, hear my voice and grant unto the world Your everlasting peace.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment